Losses, disease, disaster, death, and more touch all of us. Some way at some point of our life grief infiltrates without prejudice. Pizza With Jesus (No Black Olives): Funding Hope and Grace Amid Hardship & Grief, by P.J. Frick demonstrates that grief is not one size fits all.
Pizza With Jesus (No Black Olives) chronicles one couple’s journey through heartache, losses, suffering and grief. A story of one couple’s faith. How one finds his reward and the other found her way back to God. As losses and grief are universal it is our response to them that are unique. Pizza With Jesus is a faith journey. P.J. Frick shows how even in profound suffering we can rest and place our complete trust in God. Pizza With Jesus is a personal experience with grief and its compounded effects on our lives.
Pizza With Jesus (No Black Olives): Finding Hope and Grace Amid Hardship & Grief sends a message of hope. That there is life on the other side of our grief, no matter how dark and alone one might feel. That our Savior walks beside us through it all. And it is our loving Father who offers a lifeline through pain, and grief, to bring us through the other side.
The book focuses on the following topics:
- What life is like on the other side of suffering and loss
- How good comes of every situation – even the difficult ones
- There is a difference between being “positive” and being “resilient”
- Acceptance (of the end of a life or the outcome of a major life change) does not mean one is giving up
- Loss is loss. One person’s loss does not trump another’s. It all hurts.
- How being a caregiver can be harder than being a patient