This is a great recipe for the warmer weather ahead. No oven. No sweat This dish is cooked on the stove top in a large frying pan with lid.
Ground Chicken Stuffed Zucchini with Potato and Carrot
2 Medium zucchini, 1 lb ground chicken, (pulp from the zucchini), 1/2 cup chopped onion, 1 egg – beaten, 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs, 3 TB olive oil, 1/2 cup grated cheese, 1/4 tp. salt, 1/4 tp pepper, 2 bay leaves, 4 small peeled potatoes – halved , 4 peeled cut up carrots
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in. shells.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and cook ground chicken, pulp and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; Remove from the heat stir in egg, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup into each shell.
- Clean frying pan.
- Put stuffed zucchini and potato and carrots and bay leaves in frying pan – add 1/2 cup water or chicken stock – season to taste
- Cover with lid and cook over medium heat for 45 minutes until potato and carrots are tender.
- Yield: 4 servings.
You could use any ground meat you like. Enjoy