I love a good lasagna but who doesn’t?
Well, if you don’t then this recipe is not for you.
I came across this recipe and thought, MMMMMMM good. Now that’s A LASAGNA!
Mother’s Day is just around the corner so if your not going out to dinner( like me), and will be doing the cooking, (like me), treat yourself and family to this delicious layerfull lasagna… MANGIA!
Oh, and the secret ingredient is GOAT’S CHEESE.
Oh, so Neah-licious
- 1 1-pound package polska kielbasa, diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 5-ounce package fresh spinach, cleaned and spun dry
- 1 15-ounce container ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1-pound package no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 15-ounce jars Alfredo sauce (or 4 cups homemade)
- 1 2-ounce ball fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Makes: 12 servings
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown polska kielbasa, stirring constantly, about 4 minutes.
3. Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and sauté until browned, about 4 minutes.
4. Turn off heat. Add spinach and stir, allowing the heat from the pan to wilt the spinach.
5. Make filling by mixing ricotta, goat cheese, parmesan and egg in a large bowl until combined.
6. Place 1/3 of kielbasa mixture into the bottom of a glass baking dish. Top with lasagna noodles.
7. Top lasagna noodles with 1/3 Kielbasa mixture and 1/2 of cheese mixture. Pour 1/3 Alfredo sauce over. Top with lasagna noodles.
8. Place remaining 1/3 kielbasa mixture, remaining 1/2 of cheese mixture and 1/3 of Alfredo sauce over noodles. Top with another layer of lasagna noodles.
9. Top noodles with remaining sauce. Place slices of fresh mozzarella on top.
10. Wrap baking dish tightly with foil. Bake 50-60 minutes, until bubbly.
11. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes, until excess liquid is absorbed. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!