Entries tagged as ‘Spring’
May 22, 2013 · Leave a Comment
May 6, 2013 · Leave a Comment
Look for the most exceptional sales since January around Memorial Day Sales. Look for special holiday promotions at department stores, nationwide apparel retailers and home stores like Pottery Barn and West Elm.
Spring Clothes – You will be able to find price cuts up to 75% off – if you can hold out til Memorial Day Sale days.
Mattress – for the past 2 years the larger discounts on mattress sales are in May – check out Sears during May and into June.
Outdoor Gear – Go out and play!! Look for deals on camping, hiking and fishing accessories and have a great summer!
Gym Membership – Now that the weather is warm enough to run or exercise outside, you can haggle and even demand a better membership fee.
April 13, 2012 · Leave a Comment
Spring Pea Soup
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- In a large saucepan, saute potatoes in butter until lightly browned. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add peas; cook 5-8 minutes longer or until peas are tender. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return all to the pan; heat through. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 6 servings.
I cooked off some bacon and crumbled it on top. I like bacon.
March 28, 2012 · Leave a Comment
I love these carrots – so adorable. This is a great idea for Spring, Easter, Shower or Tea. Just wrap a napkin around your cutlery and tie with a bow – neat and pretty – ready to enjoy. You can change the color scheme too for what ever occasion you have to celebrate – though the carrots are just too cute. My advise is to buy the colors you like, when you see them. I had a hard time finding orange napkins last year. I bought these after Halloween.
March 20, 2012 · Leave a Comment
Graham crackers, chocolate and marshmellow – yes please. One, two, maybe three – so good. These s’mores are perfect for Spring/Easter, while the new peeps are all over town, in every color and shape. We made ours with cookies n’ cream chocolate and dark chocolate. You get to make them with your favorite chocolate – make them your way. 20-22 seconds in the microwave. Warning: be sure to make plenty – because you just can’t eat one.