The use of natural and renewable energy sources is needed to help take the burden off our dependency on fossil fuels. The high level of fossil fuel products burnt each and every day is polluting of the air and surrounding environments and may also be contributing to climate change.
With evidence suggesting the burning of fossil fuels is contributing towards climate change, now is the time to switch to alternative means of generating energy.
Clean Energy Ideas was launched in 2007 in an attempt to try and educate visitors to the importance of the use of renewable energy sources. Many of these renewable energy technologies have been around for years and as time goes by are increasing in efficiency and benefiting from technological innovation.
Some Advantages & Disadvantages of Natural Energy Sources
Below are a handful of the advantages relating to the use of natural and renewable energy sources:
- The sun, wind, tides, and geothermal activity are all renewable.
- After the initial cost of; solar panels, wind turbines, and geothermal energy systems, the only cost to the consumer relates to any required maintenance. You could even sell excess electricity back to your national grid.
- No more price rises from gas, energy or electricity companies. You could be fully carbon neutral, eliminating your dependency on the remaining reserves of fossil fuels.
- Use as much or as little of the renewable electricity you’re able to generate without feeling guilty for any wastage.
- By switching to the use of renewable energy sources we’re able to make the remaining oil, gas and coal supplies last longer.
- Government grants may be available for some natural energy projects depending on your location.
Below, you can see a selection of the disadvantages relating to the use of clean energy sources as an alternative to fossil fuels:
- The initial cost of renewable energy systems can be expensive.
- It can be very difficult to switch your current energy or power supply to the use of renewable energy, but you could get close with a realistic budget and the implementation of different renewable energy technologies such as a wind turbine and solar panel combination.
There are many other steps you can take to reduce the effects of global warming which are unrelated to the use of natural energy sources. Many of these steps are easy, affordable and can start at home.
to learn more visit:http://www.clean-energy-ideas.com/recycle/index.html