- Preparation time 35 minutes
- Cooking time 30 minutes
Ingredients: 3 medium red potatoes, 2 cups water, 1 small onion, 3 tablespoon butter, 3 tablespoon all purpose flour, crushed red pepper, 3 cups milk, 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar, 1 cup cheddar cheese, 1 cup cubed cook ham.
l) Peel potatoes and cut into 1-inch cubes
2) Bring water to a boil in large saucepan. Add potatoes and cook until tender. Drain, reserving liquid. Set aside potatoes. Measure 1 cup cooking liquid, adding water, if necessary, set aside.
3) Peel and finely chop onion. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion to saucepan:cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent and tender, but not brown.
4) Add flour to saucepan: season with pepper flakes and black pepper to taste. Cook 3-4 minutes
5) Gradually add potatoes, reserved 1 cup cooking liquid, milk and sugar to onion mixture in saucepan; stir well. Add cheese and ham. Simmer over low heat 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
Tips: I skipped the sugar, and kept 2 cups of the reserved water, which I added to the other liquids. I used any brand of potatoes. If you really want to get fancy, scoop out small round loaves of Italian bread, and slice off a small piece from the top. Remove the inside of loaf a 1-1/2 inch shell, fill with soup. If you have any left over veggies throw in. Last time I had left over corn and added to soup. Hope you enjoy, let me know what you think. Serves 12
Courtesy: Grandmas kitchen recipes
When I needed to redo a room in my home, I would shop from Spiegel Catalog and Fortunoff’s. Well, we all know what happened to Fotunoff’s and Speigel decided to do away with home goods. How terrible this was for me. Then my cousin, Liz, told me about Penney’s, I said, “really Penney’s”, she said, I always shop at Penney’s and they have alot of home items, and reasonably priced. I liked the reasonably priced part.
I gave it a chance, because I had no real choice. I started with little items, a coffee pot was as far as I would venture to go, ordered from their website, and no delivery charge, the best. Then one day I went to Westbury Mall and decided let me give Penney’s a look. I was so impressed with their bed sets, so much to choose from and again, the price was right. I never thought I would buy a red and gold bed set with matching curtains, no less, but I did. I love the feel the red gives. JCPenney is a definite stop now ever time I need a home idea.
Thanks JC Penney.
Let me introduce you to Mr. Christian…that is what I like to call him…I watched him yesterday at least I thought I was watching him…he is at the stage were he likes to keep on moving…literally moving…crawl, get up, sit down, grab, what ever he can reach or reach what ever he can grab…everything to him is an adventure…interesting to watch his little face…I cannot help wondering what his thoughts are…how his little eyes are digitally taking pictures and sending it to his brain…this is a simply world for him, yet a most dangerous one for me…
Click on the link below to read the rest of the story.